On Global Youth Service Day, a group and I spent hours doing a beach clean-up. It's so sad to see how much trash there is in such a beautiful place. Though it was hard work, it was definitely worth it. We could have saved one or more marine animals' lives just by spending half a day doing our part.
If you were the mayor, what changes would you make in your community?
If I were the mayor, I would make recycling mandatory. If everyone just put a little more effort into separating recyclables from non-recyclables, it would help save our planet.
I would also make sure everyone used "eco friendly" grocery bags. It would make such a difference if we stopped using paper and plastic grocery bags.
What are the 7 Things or problems in the world you want to help solve?
If I could only choose seven problems to solve in the world, I would have to solve these:
1. Global Warming. It's scary to see how much the ice is melting in Alaska, and the animals' lives who are threatened by it. Global warming is real, and we all need to take action.
2. I would also solve the problem of all diseases and illnesses. Including cancer, HIV, AIDS, and many more life threatening illnesses.
3. I would then solve the problem of world hunger. It breaks my heart to see people on the other side of the world starving to death. No one should have to starve.
4. I would solve the problem of crime and violence too. I would end all wars and fighting in the world. I would want everyone to see and feel peace.
5. I would end all drug and alcohol abuse. Too many people are ruining their lives by becoming drug addicts and alcoholics.
6. I would want everyone to have an education too. Most of the problems our world faces is due to a lack of education.
7. Last, but DEFINITELY not least, is to have everyone believe in and love God, and his son Jesus Christ.
Short "About Me" section
My name is Meghan Taylor and I'm seventeen years old. I have big dreams and goals set for myself. I try to keep a strong faith, even when things get tough. I love my family with all my heart; they're always there to catch me when I fall. I love my life and everyone in it. I'm so blessed for the friends I have and the love I'm given.
Comment Wall (1 comment)
You need to be a member of Get Ur Good On to add comments!