Getting your good on is not just about saving the environment, but doing good EVERYWHERE and in any way possible. Since I declared November a month of service, you should start helping out other people. Be selfless and practice random acts of kindness.
On Friday, I drove a friend home who didn't have a ride. She would have been stuck at the restaurant if I didn't offer to take her home. On Saturday, I drove 40 minutes just to deliver my friend's Homecoming ticket to her because she forgot hers. I didn't have to do any of this stuff, but I did it because it was a nice thing to do.
What selfless acts can you do? Well, here are some ideas:
1. Sit with the new kid at lunch.
2. Help your friend study for a test.
3. Do the dishes without your mom having to ask you 4835489 times.
4. Let your little brother have the last slice of chocolate cake.
5. Pick up trash if you see some on the floor.
6. Offer to drive your little sister to soccer practice.
7. Babysit your neighbor's little kids for free.
8. Lend your friend a CD she's been dying to listen to.
9. Stay after class and help clean up the room for your teacher (straighten desks, put books away, etc).
The possibilities are endless. So get out there and get YOUR good on.